Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Beatles Deliver "Love"


The Beatles are back with the release of "Love", according to The Washington Post. The 78-minute CD doesn't recycle old hits and outtakes but instead presents edited, reshuffled or otherwise tweaked versions of the group's originals. "Love", which has the backing of surviving Beatles Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, comprises 26 of the Fab Four's hit songs, many of them mixed together using previously unheard material, globeandmail.com said. "I hope this will help people to hear Beatles music again," Giles Martin, son of the Beatles' original producer, George Martin said. The two Martins worked for three years on the project, which forms the soundtrack to a Beatles stage show of the same name, put on since June in Las Vegas by Canadian entertainment company Cirque du Soleil. "Paul and Ringo have heard the music and loved it," George Martin said, according to The Toronto Star. "I think George (Harrison) would have approved of everything too. John? He was never satisfied with anything. In his mind, he always had a dream that could never become reality. That's what made him the man he was."


As a huge fan of The Beatles' music, I cannot wait to hear the new album. I consider The Beatles the greatest band of all time and I am happy that George Martin is involved with the project. He is the undisclosed hero behind The Beatles' success. I am interested to see how him and his son take these classic songs and tweak them. I know that there must be tons of unheard Beatles music still out there and it will be nice to finally get to hear some of it. I hope that this album will get younger generations to appreciate the artistic value of The Beatles' music. I know I can't wait to hear the "Love"!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home